WHAT WE DO
Humanitarian Disaster Preparedness and Response
After the pandemic was declared and Cebu was locked down, the HDPR team was activated and implemented a two-phased response & relief program for COVID-19. As of end of November, the 2 phases were completed and achieved the following:
Under Humanitarian – RAFI distributed
- Food relief packs and hygiene kits for 106,000 families all over Cebu and its neighboring islands.
- Hygiene and grocery items for 3,800 elderly and children.
- Care kits, sleeping mats and food packs for the 930 homeless, street dwellers and stranded passengers.
- Meals for 94 uniformed personnel for a month
Under Prevention – RAFI provided / conducted
- Mobile and fixed hunaw stations that reached 85,000 users
- Water fund to 522 families
- 60 bicycles and 93,000 PPEs to HCWs and frontliners
- Hotel accommodation for 185 HCWs and frontliners
- Free transportation service to 5,200 frontliners
- Komunidad Kontra Covid Information Campaign reached 1.4million individuals
Under Screening & Treatment – RAFI provided
- Free ambulance service to 61 COVID-19 patients
- Care packages for 500 patients isolated in various barangay centers, as well as assisted 20 barangays in setting up their isolation centers
- 2,145 blood bags from 3,177 donors from our blood donation drive with Office of the Presidential Adviser for Visayas (OPAV) and DOH Sub National Blood Center for Visayas
Partnered with various LGAs, LGUs and private institutions in setting up the 2 major COVID-19 isolation centers in Cebu for mild to moderate cases. These are the Bayanihan Centers located at the old Sacred Heart School and at the International Eucharistic Convention Center.