Young Minds Academy Season 10
What is Young Minds Academy?
Young Minds Academy (YMA) is a youth leadership and citizenship development program of the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. – Eduardo Aboitiz Development Studies Center, which aims to develop the youth to become responsible and accountable leaders and pro-active citizens who are ready to serve the public and its interests. This is done through experiential learning sessions, community visits, immersions, project development, and project implementation. For the 10th season of YMA, the theme is anchored on “Urban Development” with emphasis on “Livability.”
How to join?
A. Form a team of five (5) members under one of the following categories:
- Generation A : 17-20 years old
- Generation B : 12-16 years old
B. Accomplish the following:
- Completed team application form (YMA Form 01- Team Application Form).
- Letter of recommendation and support from any of the following: school, barangay, office/organization, church, or whatever group the team is representing indicating their willingness and commitment to monitor the team and ensure that they abide by the rules and comply with the requirements of YMA.
- A Team Accountability Partner who shall serve as a team partner, ensuring and monitoring the team’s compliance in YMA requirements.
- Submit a 3-minute video that introduces all your team members and answers the question “What citizenship means to us.” Upload your video on Facebook and tag the official Young Minds Academy Facebook page for us to see your post. Use the official hashtags #YMA10 #IWantToBeaYMAer.
- Completed individual application form (YMA Form 02 – Individual Application Form)
- Completed medical review and release of liability form (YMA Form 03- Medical Review and Liability Release Form)
- Photocopy of birth certificate
- A counterpart contribution of:
Public High School Students and Out-of-School Youth – Php 600; State Universities/ Colleges Students- Php 800; Private Schools (High School and College) Students – Php 1,000
C. Submit completed application forms and requirements to RAFI for short listing and screening. You may mail or submit in person at the following address:
The Executive Director
Eduardo Aboitiz Development Studies Center
Ramon Aboitiz Foundation, Inc.
35 Lopez Jaena St. Cebu City 6000
Deadline for application is on March 7, 2016.
Get your application forms from the Eduardo Aboitiz Development Studies Center, 35 Lopez Jaena St., Cebu City or download them at www.rafi.org.ph/yma-application.
For your queries, please feel free to contact us through Jenny Lea Tan at 418-7234 loc 112 or 09233550980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more by watching this: